NIALL J. MURRAYManaging Principal & Founder
- Development of business strategy
- Creating new business lines
- Acquisitions and preservation opportunities
- Expanding Rockabill’s platform and staff opportunities
- Qualified Chartered Accountant
- New York Housing Conference Advisory Board Member
- Board Member for Citizens Housing and Planning Council (CHPC)
- Hoboken Community Center Board Treasurer
- Board Member of the Flax Trust America
- Received the Los Sures Corporate Award in 2015 in recognition of Rockabill’s leadership and dedication to serving the mission of their Southside United Housing Development Fund Corporation (HDFC)
“What makes Rockabill a great partner is our knowledge, expertise and innovation in the affordable housing industry, our focus on being highly responsive to our clients and on driving each of the team members in the process …all with a great sense of integrity and humor.”
– Niall J. Murray, Managing Principal & Founder
While building on a successful career as a certified accountant, managing director at a prestigious accounting firm, and banker/consultant at Allied Irish Bank, Niall had envisioned creating a unique business to serve the affordable housing industry. The idea was to create a consulting and development platform to provide clients with innovative and value added solutions to create and preserve affordable and supportive housing. With this concept, and his strong belief in the importance and need for quality affordable housing for all New Yorkers, Niall created Rockabill – a financial consulting and development firm – in 2007. Since its founding, Rockabill has consulted or partnered on the development and financing of over 12,000 affordable housing units throughout New York City and New York State.
As Rockabill’s Managing Principal, Niall brings over 25 years of experience working with a wide variety of industry participants, both government and private sector organizations. He has built an outstanding reputation for his understanding of the affordable housing development business, public private partnership financing and he has been on the vanguard of some unique programs such as Affordable Assisted Living, Qualified Zone Academy Bonds, Public Housing Authority Revitalization, Supportive Housing and Preservation Projects.
Niall leveraged his industry knowledge and financial expertise to build a business that has been widely acknowledged for its integrity and capabilities – resulting in Rockabill becoming an indispensable resource and partner for the creation and preservation of affordable housing. Niall now focuses his time on expanding Rockabill’s client base while moving the company further into its new business lines with industry partners.
Niall is a qualified accountant with the Association of Certified Chartered Accountants (CPA equivalent), an internationally recognized accountancy organization. He spent five years in accounting practice with Horwath Bastow Charleton, Dublin.