- Supportive housing development and preservation
- Shelter preservation and modernization
- Service provider staff and board education
- Tenant coordination and relocation strategy
- Business development and outreach
- Bachelor of Science – Brown University
- Master of Science – Columbia University
Stephan Russo has joined Rockabill as Senior Advisor. In this role, Stephan will help our senior staff to lead Rockabill’s Supportive Housing and Homeless Services practice, working to expand our supportive housing and shelter preservation efforts and provide hands-on consulting to our client and partner staff and boards.
Stephan is an invaluable addition to the Rockabill team: not only does he share our commitment to helping service providers maximize their ability to provide safe, stable, and high-quality housing and shelter, he is a highly regarded expert in the management and delivery of human services in NYC.
Stephan’s experience includes:
- He stepped down as the Executive Director of Goddard Riverside Community Center in 2017 after a career spanning more than four decades. Except for a brief stint in NYC government and as a consultant in the housing field, he held positions of increasing responsibility at Goddard Riverside beginning in 1976 before becoming Executive Director in 1998.
- Served as Assistant Commissioner in the newly-created NYC Department of Homeless Services 1993-1996.
- Worked as a consultant to supportive housing providers and helped found the SRO Providers Group in 1989, which later became SHNNY, the Supportive Housing Network of New York.
- Holds a BA in Political Science from Brown University and an MS in Social Work from Columbia University. He also completed a two-year Peace Corps assignment in Colombia and is fluent in Spanish.